The highly skilled migrant permit: the application in a nutshell
The Highly Skilled Migrants scheme is a Dutch arrangement that makes it possible for the business community to hire highly skilled migrants from outside the European Union in an efficient and relatively easy way. The sole condition for the employee to qualify as a Highly Skilled Migrant depends on the salary they will receive. The idea behind this is that the salary that the migrant will receive should reflects the added value that they will bring to the Dutch labor market. Due to the relatively favorable conditions for applying for the permit, this scheme is often used.
The most important conditions at a glance:
- You have signed an employment contract with an employer who is recognized by the IND as sponsor. You can check whether your employer is a recognized sponsor via the public register of recognized sponsors.
- Your salary meets the set minimum salary for Highly Skilled Migrants.
- The salary you are going to receive is in line with the current market level. This means that, for your position, a salary will be offered that is more or less equal to the salary of most professionals in this position.
Additional terms and conditions may apply. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Permit validity period
The period of validity of your residence permit is equal to the duration of your employment contract, with a maximum of 5 years.
The application procedure
Mynta Law can prepare and process the application on your behalf or on behalf of your referent. The application procedure in most cases is as follows:
Step 1: Choosing the right application
Mynta Law can help you and your referent to quickly select the most appropriate request. This means that we determine which type of residence permit is the most suitable in your situation. We also assess whether you need a provisional residence permit (also called MVV), or whether you can apply for a full residence permit without an MVV.
Step 2: Submit the request and pay costs
If your employer authorizes us to do so, we can submit your application online for you. In other cases, we can also submit the application in writing. In the application form, you will be able to indicate from which IND office you would like to collect your residence document once your application has been granted.
Step 3: The IND assesses the application and makes a decision
The IND assesses the application and checks whether you meet all the conditions. Is the application complete? Then the IND usually makes a decision within 30 days.
If the IND rejects your application, we will of course inform you of your rights and about the possibilities for challenging the decision.
Step 4: Finishing the procedure
Once the application has been granted, you can pick up your residence document at the IND office you chose in step 2. If you have applied for an entry visa, you will also now be able to collect it. Finally, you may need to register with your municipality (City Hall). Mynta Law will assist you in all these practical matters.
Which documents do we need?
In order to be able to assess whether you are eligible for the residence permit, we need at least the following documents:
- A copy of your passport (all pages with stamps or visas).
- Your current residence permit (if you have one).
- Your CV.
- Your highest degree certificate.
- A diploma evaluation from EP/Nuffic (if you already have one).
- Your employment contract (if you already have one).
It is possible that we will require more documents from you, depending on your specific situation.
Still have questions?
Feel free to ask your lawyer any questions you may have. If you are not yet a client and have questions, please feel free to contact us by phone (+31702051160) or ask your question via the contact form.
Mynta Law'ın değerlendirmeler sonucu aldığı puan:
based on 116 ratings on Legalscore
- How many Dutch residence statuses can you have at the same time?
- Overstay and entry ban: how does it work?
- Dutch American Friendship Treaty: different forms of busness associations in the Netherlands
- Unemployed Highly Skilled Migrants: Eight Options to Extend Your Legal Stay in the Netherlands
- The benefits and potentials of the Dutch American Friendship Treaty: American students in the Netherlands
- The benefits and potentials of the Dutch American Friendship Treaty: the Voluntary MVV Route
- You have violated the Foreign Nationals Employment Act (Wav) - what now?
- The scientific researcher's permit: the application in a nutshell